Storm replaced Brunel Hurricanes as the London and South East Superleague Franchise in August 2009 and Storm's partner, Surrey Sports Park have since invested heavily in to building a world class squad of athletes as well as developing a new netball brand and vision.
In their debut 2009-10 season Storm finished first in the regular league and went on to reach the play-offs, losing out on a final place to Team Bath.
In the 2010-11 season, after finishing fourth in the regular league, Surrey Storm reached the Grand Final after play-off victories against Team Bath and Northern Thunder. Storm played Hertfordshire Mavericks in the Grand Final at the Hertfordshire Sports Village, narrowly missing out 57-46 and finishing Superleague Runners-up.
The 2011-12 season saw Storm reach their 2nd Superleague Grand Final in as many years after losing just one game throughout the regular season and finishing top of the table. Defeating Team Bath in the semi finals, Storm went on to face rivals Northern Thunder in the Grand Final and once again missed out on the title by the narrowest of margains- losing 55-57 at the SportHouse in Dagenham, Essex.
The 2012-13 campaign was a rollercoaster season for Surrey Storm, who reached the semi finals after finishing top of the Showdown League following impressive wins against Team Bath and Manchester Thunder, losing out on a place in the Grand Final to Welsh surprise package Celtic Dragons.
Surrey Storm are coached by England attacker Tamsin Greenway who took over the reigns from Mary Beardwood at the end of the 2010-11 season.
Alongside Greenway, Storm boast a squad of experienced Superleague players including England international Rachel Dunn and are captained by Hannah Reid.
To be the No.1 Netball Superleague Team
To WIN the Netball Superleague league and to be the HEARTBEAT for NETBALL in London and the South East.
OUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- To offer the ultimate netball athletes experience
- To develop Netball from participation level to elite level with the University of Surrey
- To provide a world-class spectator experience for Netball
- To ensure links with the top regional and national clubs
- To develop and nurture talent
- To foster international links
- To engage seamlessly with the wider netballing community in LSE
- To promote and deliver coaching excellence
- To create a committed team of professionals and volunteers with a winning remit
- To provide a home for netball to be played and enjoyed